Support Clean Energy, Lower Your Electric Bills
Is Solar for You?
An increasingly popular and affordable option, rooftop solar may be for you if:
- You want lower electricity bills
- You want to reduce your carbon footprint
- Your roof faces south and has very little shade
Growing interest in solar power centers on its value as an investment – in the environment and in your property. Going solar allows you to support the growth of renewable energy as a clean power source, while also letting you pay less for electricity. If your roof cannot accommodate panels, you can always go solar with community solar.
What You Should Know About Solar.
Photovoltaic (PV) panels on your roof turn sunlight into electrical power that you can then use as electricity. Here’s how it works: Panels convert sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity that an inverter then converts into the alternating current (AC) electricity that powers all your appliances.
A bi-directional, or net, meter continually measures your home’s power usage and your solar system’s power generation. When your solar power system produces more electricity than your home is using, your net meter will alert your utility company to give you credits. At night and on days when your home uses more electricity than your solar system is producing, you’ll use up those credits and draw electricity from the power grid. Think of the meter like a bank: It tracks your deposits and withdrawals, and when you’ve got an overdraft, that’s when you start paying the utility company.
Ready to go solar? Here's what to consider:
- Leasing makes it easy to go solar. Our exclusive solar partner, NRG Home Solar, offers a variety of leasing programs for rooftop solar panels. You buy energy at a lower rate than if you received it from the electric companies, so you save money right away. Plus, depending on the terms of your lease, you can talk to your solar advisor about eventually purchasing the solar system at a discount.
- There’s no maintenance required. For the duration of your lease, you won’t have to worry about maintaining, repairing or insuring your solar panels. Rain and melting snow keep the panels clean and operating efficiently, and if repairs are ever needed, NRG Home Solar will take care of it. Plus, our partner guarantees production levels so you know your solar power system is working at its optimal level.
- Enjoy little to no upfront cost. Depending on your leasing program, you could be paying as little as zero down for your solar system program. Your NRG solar advisor will evaluate your qualifications, including your average electric bill and your credit score, to determine the right solar program.
Our Exclusive Partnership with NRG Home Solar.
Next Step Living and NRG are partnering together to make it easy for homeowners to go solar with rooftop panels. We currently offer solar solutions in most areas of Massachusetts, Connecticut and several New York counties. (To find out if we serve your area, fill out the form under “I’d Like More Info.”)
NRG is a Fortune 500 company with a proven track record on delivering quality solar systems to thousands of homeowners. By going solar with Next Step Living and NRG, you’ll be on your way to lower electric bills, and a more sustainable future.
The Impact of Solar.
By going solar, you’re investing in your future while becoming more energy-independent. You’ll also:
- Save money on your utility bill and protect yourself from rising electricity rates
- Support the growth of clean energy as an energy source to move away from the dependence of fossil fuels
- Cut carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. A solar PV system that provides about half of a household's electrical use eliminates CO2 emissions equivalent to operating two fossil-fuel burning cars for almost 30 years.