Rules and Eligibility
Who We Are.
- Next Step Living, Inc. is the promoter and sponsor of this contest.
Next Step Living contact information is as follows:
21 Drydock Avenue
Boston, MA 02110-2384
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- This contest is open to individuals who are current residents of Massachusetts and are current customers of WMECo in the Western/Central Massachusetts (WCMA) load zone; of National Grid in Southeastern Massachusetts (SEMA); or National Grid or Eversource in Northeastern Massachusetts (NEMA).
- The contest is not open to Next Step Living employees and their immediate family members or to Next Step Living contractors or suppliers.
How to Enter.
- You may enter online by visiting NextStepLiving.com and completing the entry form with the information requested.
- Alternatively, you may send a postcard to Energy Independence Days Celebration, P.O. Box 51915, 25 Dorchester Ave., Room 1, Boston, MA 02205-9761 with your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for the contest.
- Limited one entry per person and/or email address.
- All entries must be received by the close of business July 20, 2014.
- The contest begins June 19, 2014 at 7:30 a.m. EDT and ends July 20, 2014 at 11:30 p.m. EDT.
And the Winners Are . . .
- Winners will be randomly selected from the entries we receive by July 20, 2014.
- Winners will be notified on or about August 1, 2014 by email or telephone at noon EDT.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to supply a valid email address and phone number.
- After a good-faith effort by Next Step Living to reach potential winners, any potential winner who cannot be reached will be deemed to have forfeited his prize, and another potential winner will be randomly selected. If Next Step Living cannot, after using reasonable efforts, locate a winner, the applicable prize may not be awarded.
- The winner of the 1st prize, which is not transferable to others, must use the promotional discount from Next Step Living by December 31, 2014.
- Expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize and which may be associated with the receipt of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize is solely the responsibility of the winner.
- The potential winners (or his or her parent if such potential winner is a Minor) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release within three (3) days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
- By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the use of his name, photograph, likeness and/or city/state of residence by Next Step Living, or any party authorized by Next Step Living, for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media without additional notice or compensation.
- If legally required, the names of prize winners may be obtained after August 4, 2014 and no later than August 22, 2014 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Energy Independence Days Celebration, P.O. Box 51915, 25 Dorchester Ave., Room 1, Boston, MA 02205-9761.
But Wait, There’s More.
- The prizes available in the contest are as follows: 1st prize: $2,000 off a community solar contract; 2nd prize: 10 $100 Amazon.com gift cards.
- Your chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these rules and the decisions of Next Step Living, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Next Step Living shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the contest.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Next Step Living shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the contest or from any entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize. Except to the extent prohibited by law, Next Step Living makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, with respect to any prize.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Next Step Living in connection with the contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. The entrant consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of competent subject matter jurisdiction located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
To enter The Energy Independence Days Celebration, click here, or send a postcard to Energy Independence Days Celebration, P.O. Box 51915, 25 Dorchester Ave., Room 1, Boston, MA 02205-9761 with your name, address, phone number and email address.